Complete and efficient, CCleaner is a reference utility to quickly clean and optimize your PC in just a few clicks. A free reference to discover without hesitation on Windows, but also on macOS and Android!
What is CCleaner?
CCleaner is a free and French software to clean and optimize the operating system of your computer. Its name results from the contraction of «Crap Cleaner», understand dirt cleaner. Indeed, its purpose is to detect and delete unnecessary files and applications that slow down the PC.
CCleaner is available in several versions: for Windows PCs, for macOS and for Android tablets and smartphones. Note also that paid versions Professionnal and Professionnal Plus are also available with more features.
What to clean with CCleaner?
CCleaner integrates several modules that allow you to clean your system in order to speed up Windows, but also to remove traces of use and navigation.
Optimization therefore involves deleting files, keys in the registry and also uninstalling software or disabling services or software at the start of the computer.
CCleaner’s main modules
The Cleaner is CCleaner’s main module; In addition to freeing up space on the hard drive, it can be used to protect its privacy.
The software thus offers to detect temporary files, cookies and browsing history of major browsers (Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and other compatible such as Pale Moon or SeaMonkey).
The tool also analyzes Windows system files (Trash, list of recent files, system logs, cache, etc.) and third-party software with Windows Media Player, Microsoft Office, WinRAR, Nero or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC among others.
The Registry tool analyzes the registry database, a database essential to the proper functioning of Windows, looking for unnecessary or obsolete errors and entries.
The integrated toolkit
CCleaner doesn’t stop in such a good way and provides several additional features via the Tools tab:
- Uninstall programs: a software uninstall interface that is useful for renaming or deleting an entry.
- Start- three tabs to turn on, disable or erase entries for running apps at Windows startup. scheduled tasks, and the Windows pop-up menu accessible with a right click.
- Browser plugins to turn on or off extensions of Web browsers Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera.
- Disk analysis to analyze hard drives to learn more about larger files.
- Double file search can detect and delete duplicate files.
- Restoring the system to remove unreased restoration points and thus save storage space.
- Disk eraser, a module to perform secure erasure of disks or storage device through several methods of erasure.
Note: When installing, CCleaner may propose the installation of additional tools, we advise you to make sure to check the right boxes.
Note that CCleaner can do even more. With CCenhancer, you can also clean: Torrent, Avast Antivirus Free, Adobe Flash, Gimp], LogMeIn Hamachi, Adobe Photoshop, Steam, PDF Xchange Viewer, Virtual Clone Drive, Media Player Classic, Acronis True Image, Alcohol 52%, Audacity, AVG AntiVirus, TuneUp Utilities, and many more.