How to hide the Google Chrome bookmarks bar completely
The Google Chrome Reference Bar is a convenient way to access websites that you visit frequently. If you want to disable the cue bar in Chrome, all you have to do is click the right mouse button on the cue bar and select the option to show the cue bar.
However, there is an alarming problem with this move. Even if you disable the reference bar from the settings, it will still appear in a new tab page.
In this article, we direct you through a simple step-by-step guide to help you hide the reference bar permanently in Google Chrome. There’s a video that explains the same thing at the end if you prefer the visual medium.
Permanently Disable the Bookmark Bar in Google Chrome’s New Tab Page
1. Press the Windows key + R.
2. Type regedit and click OK.
3. In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following location:
4. Right-click on Chrome key, select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
5. Rename the value as BoomarkBarEnabled.
6. Right-click on BookmarkBarEnabled value and select Modify.
7. Enter 0 in the Data field and click OK.
8. Now, if you relaunch Google Chrome and open a new tab, the bookmark bar is not visible.
Note that once you have disabled the bookmark bar from the Registry Editor, you won’t be able to enable or disable the bookmark bar from Chrome settings.
Enable Bookmark bar in Chrome
If you want to enable to the bookmark bar in Chrome, open the registry editor, and modify the BookmarkBarEnabled value. Instead of 0, enter 1 in the Data value field.
Show bookmarks bar on New Tab Page
If you want to hide the bookmarks, bar only on the active tabs but show it on the New Tab Page, here is how to do it.
1. Make sure you have deleted the BookmarkBarEnabled value from the registry editor.
2. Right-click on the bookmark bar and select Show Bookmark bar to show or hide the bookmarks.
3. You can also do it using the Ctrl + Shift + B to show/hide the bookmarks bar.
4. Alternatively, you can also do the same by going to Menu > Settings. Turn off Show bookmarks bar.
That’s him. By making a simple adjustment to the log editor, you can easily disable the reference bar in Google Chrome permanently from the “New Tab” page.
Although the browser has an option to show/hide the signal bar, it is virtually unusable since Chrome still displays the signal bar in a “new tab” page.
This may be a problem for users who do not want others to have access to the signal bar when sharing the screen or accessing the desktop.
Google added some excellent features such as Dark Mode in Chrome in the latest update. However, having the option to disable the entire signal bar will allow users of difficulty to go for extra miles and edit the recording entries.